Sheldon Acres Child Development Center has a 30 year history of providing educational preschool programs and quality daycare. Our mission is to give children the skills and knowledge to succeed and excel educationally. Our center opened in 1985 and moved to its current location in 1990. Now we are currently serving second and third generations of families in the Elk Grove, CA area. We see this as a sign of the utmost trust from our parents!
There are many warning signs that may indicate that someone is affected by bullying—either being bullied or bullying others. Recognizing the warning signs is an important first step in taking action against bullying. Today we’re going to take a look at a few of these warning signs.
Look for changes in the child. However, be aware that not all children who are bullied exhibit warning signs.
Some signs that may point to a bullying problem are:
- Injuries that are unexplainable
- Lost or destroyed clothing, books, electronics, or jewelry
- Frequent headaches or stomach aches, feeling sick or faking illness
- Changes in eating habits, like suddenly skipping meals or binge eating. Kids may come home from school hungry because they did not eat lunch.
- Difficulty sleeping or frequent nightmares
- Declining grades, loss of interest in schoolwork, or not wanting to go to school
- Sudden loss of friends or avoidance of social situations
- Feelings of helplessness or decreased self esteem
- Self-destructive behaviors such as running away from home, harming themselves, or talking about suicide
If you know someone or see a child in serious distress or danger, do not ignore the problem!